Wednesday, November 9, 2011

"I better write that down..."

"I better write that down..." something I say to myself repeatedly throughout the day.  I've got so much going on in my head I can't keep it all straight!  Not complaining...I love being busy but sometimes I let my self get a little overwhelmed..lol!  I'm a stay at home mom of 3 and babysitter for 4 other children all under the age of two, 5 days a week.  Sometimes I feel like my brain is going to mush, with all the Curious George, Veggie Tales, and Ring around the Rosie that I have on a daily basis!  Sometimes I just need to have something that takes a little more thought process, to help balance things out.  The problem with this is that, I get so eager to do something that I end up taking on too much.  Here's a look at what's on my plate right now....in addition to the everyday, week by week things:

1.  My new found love of blogging!  But mostly reading others!!!
2.  Homemade Christmas projects....several...!
3.  Group Leader for a group of 36 women going to next year's Women of Faith in Columbus....I know it's still a while a way, but there's a lot more work putting it all together than I realized.  I started a year in advance and will be working on it continuously until it's over.
4.I'm hosting a table at our church's Ladies Christmas Banquet.  Not quite as time consuming, it's only one night, but it will be my first year, so I have to come up with a design and put it all together.
5.  A friend and I will also be hosting our 2nd Annual Ladies Christmas Party, at the Hampton Inn.  Will be tons of fun, but takes a lot of planning (Invitations, food, decorations, games, prizes and just the overall flow).  And only a few weeks to put it all together, invites are going out next week!!!
6.  Picklesimer's Rocking New Year's Eve...lol...well okay, we probably won't be rocking!  We've hosted a party for 50 or more people for a few years, took a year off last year, and haven't fully decided whether we'll resume this year or not.  New Year's Eve is on a Saturday this year and that late of a night makes for a very early morning for the Asst Sunday School director (Steve)and teacher of the 9-10 rambunctious 2 year old boys(me)!
7. Fundraising for Wilimington Christian Academy.  Now granted I'm not incharge of fundraising, but I'm trying to help out as best I can. I've never been good at asking people for money, that's why none of my "at-home parties" ever amounted to much.
8.  Knitting my girl a scarf!  Last year..or maybe it was the year before...can't remember...a friend taught me how to knit.  I made Emmalee a scarf and that was about the extent of my time spent knitting.  It was pretty pitiful looking but she wore it proudly.  She left it at school one day and never saw it again.  Yesterday she randomly remembered that poor scarf, and cried because she had lost it, and it was SO special to her.  Broke my heart!  So even though I really have no time at all to knit a scarf, I sat down last night and re-taught myself with a little help from You-Tube!

I feel like I'm forgetting something.....guess I should have written it down!  After the New Year things should settle down a bit....Nah! I'm sure I'll find something to take up my time...it's what I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment